OTA Wakefield – Kingston has decided to delay our in-clinic opening date to June 15,th 2020. This will allow us time to fully change client and therapists’ schedules to allow for staggered appointments throughout the day, to fully train our staff on our new safety guidelines, swap out equipment for pieces that are more easily cleaned between clients, and fully prepare the clinic for your return! We will begin calling clients to offer appointment times and days beginning June 2nd.
A few things we are working on in the clinic:
- We are moving to a virtual waiting room, for those that want it. This will allow you to call our front desk main number, 781-245-4446 ext. 0, for both Wakefield and Kingston, and have a therapist come to your car to pick up your kiddo after taking their temperature. Alternatively, you can come into the waiting room where your child and anyone waiting in the waiting room with a client will have their temperature taken. There will be limited space in our waiting room as all chairs will be six feet apart.
- Per the state mandate, we will require all of those in our waiting room to wear a face mask. Many children may have difficulty wearing a face mask through therapy and we will work with them.
- All therapist will be wearing masks.
- We are replacing our fabric covered crash mats with ones made of nylon and covering our current ones with vinyl covers that are easier to wipe down between clients, while still maintaining the ability for clients to crash and move their bodies safely.
- We are removing the balls from our ball pits for now. When we reopen the ball pits the balls will be replaced with antimicrobial balls that resist viruses and bacteria.
- Plexiglass shields will be used in speech therapy, feeding therapy, and any fine motor activities to limit exchange of respiratory droplets.
- New equipment has been purchased and will be installed to allow for even more distance between clients and therapists when treating in clinic, enabling us to drastically reduce the number of clients in any one area at a time.
- Telehealth will remain an option for any client that it is interested in continuing therapy but does not feel comfortable coming in clinic.
- We have made significant investments to improve the air in the clinic with air purifiers, humidifiers, and air circulators to help minimize the spread of any viruses or bacteria.
- Every session will start with clients and staff washing their hands for at least 20 seconds.
- We will have cleaners wiping down surfaces and equipment throughout the day, as well as having electrostatic disinfection of the entire clinic weekly.
We look forward to seeing our clients in the clinic and virtually.
OTA Wakefield- Kingston staff
Locations in Wakefield & Kingston
OTA Wakefield and Kingston locations provide children in the Boston area with comprehensive occupational, physical, speech and feeding therapy services. At OTA, improving your child’s participation in family and community life is our ultimate goal.
We provide the highest quality services tailored to meet your child’s specific needs. OTA’s therapists are Pediatric Specialists trained in all aspects of Pediatric Treatment including, Self-Care Management, Sensory Integration, Neurodevelopmental treatment, AAC, Executive Functioning and Feeding Treatment. Evaluation, treatment and consultation are available for Children with a variety of diagnosis including ADD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, multiple handicaps, Cerebral Palsy and other physical and developmental challenges.
Let us help your child take those first difficult steps towards a happy, fulfilled life. At OTA, serving children and their families is our focus.
At OTA, we strive to help children and families to overcome challenges and improve the child’s ability to participate in all aspects of home, school, recreation and community life. Questions? Visit our FAQ.
Feeding & Swallowing
Speech & Language Therapy
OTA has a new phone system. Please listen carefully to the directory.
If you are not able to reach us by phone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your patience while we complete this transition !